Current position openings
If you are interested in volunteering, click here.
Membership Services / Development Manager
We are looking for an outgoing Membership Services / Development Manager who will be in charge of member engagement and member acquisition. A results-driven individual who is excited about growing a unified voice for woodlot owners across the province.
As the Membership Services / Development Manager, you will have the opportunity to:
● Develop and execute a membership growth strategy including acquiring contact information for potential members, working with the leadership team to increase membership and showcasing your creativity.
● Increase program value to members by organizing events, soliciting member benefits, and providing educational resources.
● Build and maintain relationships with both new and current members. This could involve conducting member outreach, responding to member inquiries and attending events where members are likely to gather recreationally.
● Analyze membership data such as retention rate, and member demographics to identify trends, make improvement recommendations and track the effectiveness of your development efforts.
● Collaborate with leadership directly to ensure that membership initiatives are aligned with the goals of the organization.
● In charge of developing and executing a fundraising and sponsorship acquisition plan.
You will need to have the following:
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an ability to build relationships with potential and existing members as well as other stakeholders.
● A passion for the outdoors and desire to participate in outdoor recreational activities.
● Proven marketing and sales skills to effectively communicate the value of membership to potential members, and to develop a strategy to increase membership by 1000-2000 members in the first year.
● Analytical skills to identify trends and opportunities and make data-driven decisions.
● A proven ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
● The ability to use technology to maintain a membership database, track metrics and communicate with members and stakeholders.
● The ability to think creatively and develop innovative membership strategies that will help the organization stand out in a crowded marketplace.
● Previous experience in a not-for-profit and/or forestry sector would be an asset.
● Ideally fluent in both English and French.
● Dependability - can be counted on to meet commitments and responsibilities.
● Willing to work evenings and weekends when required
● Access to a reliable car and a valid driver's license
What we offer:
● Salary - $40,000 - $50,000 per year with starting salary to be commensurate with your
education, training and experience.
● An opportunity to work with an organization involved in the preservation and management of one of our most important natural resources.
● A combination of remote and in-person work.
● Benefits in accordance with the New Brunswick Employment Standards.
● 3 weeks vacation starting.
● Health and Dental benefits after enrollment period.
We thank all candidates for submitting their application, however, only those being considered for further review will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00-$50,000.00 per year
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Fredericton, NB E3C 0N9
email your cover letter and resume to ED@nbwoodlotowners.ca
Click here to apply (if link not working, try again later)